Thursday, April 14, 2005

AaaaghAaghAaaaagh!!!

Thu Apr 14, 2005

If anyone wonders why I'm so quiet (in real life), it's because I know if I open my mouth, I'll say something STUPID and EMBARASSING!!!!

I'm HORRID with faces and names, even though I've been at that barn for what, 8 years, there are still people there I can NOT tell you their names...they all look alike to me (I shall blame it on my head injury a few years back, LOL!)

Recently a woman who I knew and was friends with at the OLD Arabian barn where I boarded, had boarded her horses at THIS barn...she had been there years ago as well...But she's returned with her daughter's horse, so the daughter can enjoy the social life of a barn, and the mom can ride the horse as well.

I could NOT remember her name for the life of me...I thought, well, I can walk down the aisle, find her horse's stall, and see if her name is on it...didn't get around to doing that (her horse is in the new section downstairs, I don't get down there normally). Well, yesterday like a thunderbolt it hit me...her name is AMY! AMY AMY AMY!!! YES!!! AMY!!!!!

Sooo, today after work, I go out there, out into the pasture to get Quzqo, and notice a couple of people walking towards the barn leading a pale Palomino...a woman and a girl...they're a few yards behind me, talking about this one girl's horse with a deformed ear (it's neat...the eartip is folded back, so it looks like it only has half an ear)...and the woman says "Right, Sue???" I turn and laugh, yeah, I didn't think frostbite did that, I think it was born that way, etc. Then she remarks on this man riding a palomino towards the barn, and asks if I knew who it was...he's like 100 freakin' yards away, I have NO clue...we get closer, and genius me, remembering that Amy's horse is palomino, says..

"Maybe it's Amy's husband!"

THEN it hit me...I was talking WITH AMY (er, idiot, she has a PALOMINO with her!!!). God! I quickly changed to subject to how most the men who ride there look uncomfortable, and we agreed it was their anatomical differences, ha ha ha, but I tell ya, I wanted to slink away...

But then, maybe she thinks there's another "Amy" at the barn, could be possible...*gaaaaah*

I'm so freakin' embarassed...but then, maybe I'm wrong and her name ISN'T Amy, in which case I'm in the clear!!

Gads!

No comments: