Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Did It!


Thu Jul 20, 2006

One more thing to tick off my "do before I die" list!!

After literally YEARS of wishing and dreaming, I finally, at long last, gathered up the nerve to jump on the horse bareback out in the pasture and ride him to the barn!! WhooHOOO! I've always wanted to be able to do this (well, as long as I've been at Bob's....wasn't any point at the Arabian show barn since their paddocks were so small)...didn't DARE with Tezlu, not that I could get up on his 15.2hh self!

But today, Quzqo was in the farthest reaches of the pasture (3/8 of a mile from the barn, I've measured), and due to recent earth moving endevours, there was a nice big pile of clay-dirt nearby! I somehow managed to convince the horse to stand still next to the dirt pile (he was VERY puzzled, LOL), I tied the end of the lead to his halter, making reins, and using the dirt for a mounting block, managed to clamber my way up on his back (it wasn't pretty, but bless his heart, he stood rock solid while crazy Sue wiggled her way on board, HA!)

He walked SO nice down the hills to the gate, I just grabbed a couple of handfulls of mane and let him pick his own way. But dayum, does he have a spine!! Yow! Not as bad as Tezlu's was (like sitting on a picket fence!), but a lot bonier than he was this winter when I rode him bareback inside!

That was SO fun...I was giggling like an idiot, HA! Fun to realize those dreams
on occasion!!

No comments: