Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Love My Horse! (Yeah, yeah, more of this)

Sun Nov 19, 2006

I love my horse!

It's almost like something "clicked" and now Quzqo has discovered "hey, it's FUN
to canter like a civilized horse"! I don't know what/why/how, but just this week
or so, he's become quite the canter-er. Indoors in the arena, it's gotten so now
all I have to do is lay a rein across his neck and he'll pick up the correct
lead and just float across the dirt SO balanced and sweet and SLOW...not a lope,
but a nice, civilized canter!

I am muy chuffed I must say!! Almost got him into a spin today, he was turning
on his haunches SO nicely! He backs like a dream, side-passes pretty okay
considering...

We made it 2-1/2 times around the arena at a NICE canter today! Not
crazy-wild-run-for-your-life hand gallop, and I barely had to keep up any leg
pressure, he was moving all on his own! I'm lovin' it!!
==============

Well, my whining and complaining has paid off...I had whined to Bob
about the crappy hike out to the pasture to get the horse, because all
the used bedding/sawdust/manure they dumped out there to build it up has
turned into a sodden sucking quagmire. NO, he hasn't fixed the quagmire.
No, he hasn't moved the fences like he said he would (so one would walk
in grass, not the soggy trench). No, instead he just makes sure the
teenagers bring Quzqo in BEFORE I get there, BWAHAHA!!!

Hey, I'll go along with that!
================

Rode Himself tonight, and he was ANGEL HORSE! It's scary!! We were
canterin' fools, both directions, SO nicely...just lay that rein across
his neck and off he goes on the correct lead! My friend with the Paint
is jealous as hell, BWAHAHAHAA! Good!!!

Bob got in this beautiful Shire that one of the teens has been
riding...it's a rather small/short Shire, but a beautiful dark bay
sabino! And can he move, whew!! The girl likes to bomb around like a
maniac, cantering all over the place. Tonight she let one of the other
girls ride him, and that girl (the latter teen) is quite the
horsewoman... she got that Shire into the most BEAUTIFUL rounded English
trot...and a BEAUTIFUL collected canter....whew! But then the original
teen got back on and continued bombing around like Conan the Barbarian,
*sigh*. Quzqo and I just got the hell out of the way, thank yew! He does
not like those Crusader horses that are 4-5 hands taller than he is.

I'm still not used to such horsey goodness though...I suppose if I
hadn't had Tezlu for so long, I wouldn't appreciate how nice Quzqo is,
LOL! Although I do miss the occasional headlong roadster trot through
the woods, barely missing the trees, *sigh*.

No comments: