Friday, September 11, 2009

The Latest Portrait


Took Himself for a little evening trail ride last night, the days are definitely getting shorter. We ventured off the property and down the road, into the woods, and managed to blaze a trail across an old road cut-out that had grown over, to find the nice trails behind the elementary school nearby. I brought a small can of florescent pink spray paint, and sprayed bright pink spots on the trees marking the entrance to the woods so it could be seen from across the 50 yards of blackberry brambles, wild lettuce, tree stumps and mullen!

Before we were halfway around the school trail (yes, I took care that Quz didn't poop on the pathway where school kids might encounter it!) I noticed it'd gotten darker...the sun was definitely setting, and Quzqo was more than ready to head home!

We made it home safe and sound, with the sun well below the horizon line. He was yawning as I untacked him, and I was ready for bed time myself (it was only 8:15, sheesh!). But I'd noticed how long Quzqo's tail had gotten, that it's now touching the floor!

So...
Says it all, I think!

No comments: