Saturday, March 26, 2005

Cool New Horse!

Sat Mar 26, 2005

One of the families at the barn added a new horse to their herd...a COOL Paint/SHIRE cross gelding! Black overo, and BIIIG boy! Way cool!! I should get pix!

There's also a new pony in Quzqo's pasture...a TINY little shit, he's maybe 36" at the withers if that, solid black and solid ATTITUDE! He got the whole herd riled up and had them all cantering all over the hillsides when I was leaving this evening, LOL! Cripes, he looks like he could walk underneath the wires and not even get a tickle!

And it was "Rock Star" the Arabian that was put down this week, his condition had worsened so bad that he couldn't even get up, would just lay on the ground and eat his hay, so...that explains the freshly-turned earth in the pasture. *sigh*. Damn beautiful horse...his dapples are featured on my Hoof Pix web site. He used to bomb around the pasture, tail flagging... reminded me a lot of Tez.

My farrier decided he needed to rototill the indoor arena just as I had Quzqo tacked up late this afternoon, so, dammit, I was gonna ride...so I did...we pretty much followed the tractor/tiller around the whole time... Quzqo wasn't too sure at first, but soon settled down into bored fretting, but nary a spook or flinch or funny twitch out of him the whole time!!

Got him to back up REAL nice, and got him into a sweeeeet canter! And NO TEENAGERS!! lol!

I miss my self-propelled horse.

No comments: