Monday, November 1, 2004

Sweet Little Horsie Kisses

Mon Nov 1, 2004

My brother came by this afternoon and gave me a lift to the barn so I could get my car...between the Excedrin and an intimate relationship with my heating pad, I was able to manage pretty well. We had to go see the perp, er, horse, as my brother hasn't met him yet. Luckily Quzqo was sort of in-close in the pasture, and when he saw us coming, he walked down the aisle way of the pasture to greet us! And after some initial pats and pets, he was content to walk between us back to the gate, no halter or rope. My brother was astonished at how tiny Quzqo is...I think part of my problem yesterday WAS the shorter distance from horse back to ground, I didn't have enough time for my butt to make it to the ground first as is my usual falling-from-a-horse strategy, LOL.

Other than being encrusted in mud and filth, Quzqo was all Mr. Cutie-Pie, all nuzzles and big brown eyes and coy little looks and little lippy-action, awww, how sweet (grrrrr). I brushed his body anyway (I can in NO way bend down to brush his belly or legs, forget picking hooves too!!), and he was so good he got a kiss between the nostrils. Soft fuzzy nose!

At least all the walking & stuff made my back feel better, it's only when I'm sitting around for any length of time it gets hurty, ha!

He was still a snot when I put him in his stall, forgetting any manners because the grain was in his bucket...O, he has got SUCH an appointment in the round pen, it won't be funny...

No comments: