Sunday, November 28, 2004

The Wild Man!


Sun Nov 28, 2004

Yesterday it's 40 degrees and cold wind and rain, they put Quzqo outside, so he gets soaked to his bones and is a shivering mess when I bring him in. Today it's snowy and around 32 degrees, they kept him inside. I find a filthy stall and a very crabby horse with no water in his bucket and an attitude! Can't blame him!

Anyway, I took him out to an empty pasture (they let it rest over winter) and turned him loose, hoping to get some good pix for my Christmas cards (white horse, snow, you know the deal)...he TORE off at a full gallop, tail ramrod straight, head skyward, snorting and blowing, ran right for the fence and galloped up and down its length in the most AMAZING display of Arabian beauty and grace...I was flabbergasted (and alas, too far away to take any decent pix)...he wanted tp get into the next pasture where his pals were, and galloped up the hill, down the hill, ALMOST taking one of the cross-country jumps they set up there (he caught himself at the last second and swerved, lol)...I swear, he was floating, he wasn't touching the ground, it was beautiful to watch!!

My new digital has a video thing too, so I took a 36 second video of him basically posing along the fenceline, head up, ears up, tail up, looking gorgeous and walking with such elegance...beautiful!! Also got a couple of pix, but we'll see what else I can come up with (more snow! Need more snow!)

Despite that photo yesterday, I swear, the boy can NOT take a bad picture!! (he has more tail, but I put it up for the winter, but he still looks elegant in the attached pic!)

As I was hiking across the pasture to get the halter to try to catch him (heh heh), one of the kids (an 11 yr old boy) came running from the barn all upset...he saw Quzqo running wild and out of control loose, and for some reason he THOUGHT he saw me tacking him up in the barn, and thus thought Quzqo had dumped me (again) (and somehow shed both his saddle and bridle, ha!)...kinda amusing, but guess I've got that reputation now.

I did manage to catch Quzqo (this pasture is like 20 acres easy), but he did NOT want to come with me, kept hauling back on the rope, trying to veer away, just being bad...he wanted to go snort and flag his tail along the fenceline some more. Eventually I did get him inside again, goofy guy.

No, didn't ride him, my back hurts, because I DID ride him yesterday and did a lot of posting...he was good yesterday. Wouldn't have wanted to deal with him today!

No comments: