Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Momentous Occasion!

Wed Oct 24, 2007

Last night I was able to get up on Quzqo using the mounting block!! No
chair, no stacked-up chairs, just the regulation mounting block! Huzzah!
And it only hurt a little bit!!

Coos was an absolute slug, he must have had a busy day to get himself so
worn out (it was lovely yesterday...cool, sunny, breezy, probably lots
of excitement in the pasture). Little shit nipped me in the arm when I
was getting ready to return him to his stall, he got a smack in the
chest for his trouble. I had planned to "kill him" for 15 seconds like
John Lyons recommended, but that smack in the chest had him almost
bouncing off the ceiling in wild-eyed terror, so I left it at that, lol!
I don't mind being lipped, but I felt teeth, and that's where I draw the
line!

Bob told me there's a new boarder coming in in November, moving up from
Kentucky!! And she has a pair of horses, and asked him if he knew anyone
who drove! I guess she wants to train one of her horses to harness, and
of course he mentioned me, LOL! Yeah, well, I can help only if the horse
is Quzqo-good about it. I did ground-drive Coos yesterday before getting
on (harness reins run through stirrup irons), but that walking on the
uneven arena footing just about killed my ankle, so that didn't go on
for too long. Happily it didn't hurt while I was riding (only when I got
off and back on the ground again, lol!)

Quzqo is finally losing weight, I felt ribs at long last! Me too! Hope
the weather's half decent (i.e. not raining) this weekend, I need a
trail ride while there's still some color on the trees!)

No comments: