Monday, October 29, 2007

Never Mind

Mon Oct 29, 2007

Quzqo is fine today! What a maroon! Okay, he DEFINITELY was limping
yesterday, but not today, so...whatever, lol! Thank goodness! He's too
young to be limping...until I think of my friend's Paint mare w/the torn
knee ligament at age 4...

In fact I even rode him this afternoon, just a short trail ride around
the property and into some woods. I had already taken Neezer the Corgi for a 3/4
mile "educational" walk, and I had to hike another 3/4 mile round trip
to catch the horse and bring him back in, so my ankle was calling me
names, so a short ride.

I'd forgotten to put on spurs, and I'd dropped my whip in the arena (and
wasn't about to dismount to pick it up again), and I had the bitless
bridle on, so I was pretty much a useless sack of taters for the horse
to totally ignore when he wanted to graze instead of move forward,
ARRGH! We did do some trotting, as I figured any lameness would show up
at the trot. Nothing, he did fine! We had a little disagreement (ha!) at
the property edge. I wanted him to walk away from the barn just a few
feet to make a point, he wanted NOTHING of the kind and proceeded to
BACK up the hill behind us! We made about 50 feet backwards before he
gave up and walked forwards and actually left the property for maybe 10
feet before I turned him around and we went back. At least he's good at
backing!

Pleasant enough ride through the woods, the fall colors are over &
laying on the ground, but it smelled nice and leafy and the sun was
shining, can't complain.

I think next time I'll dope myself up on Ibuprofen before heading out,
these 30 minute rides are annoying me! But at least the horse is fine!

No comments: