Monday, February 11, 2008

Quzqo T. Stinker

I swear, I must be the ONLY human on this planet that can handle my horse!!!

Stopped by the barn on my way home from work, and Quzqo was already in his stall. The teenage twerp-girl was riding her new soon-to-be-horse (she's selling her Morgan pony back to Bob and "buying" a sweet little QH mare instead, which seems to be a much nicer horse for her) had to tell me the horrors Quzqo had heaped upon all and sundry this afternoon!!!

Long story short, they were bringing the horses in, and Bob, outright being lazy (imo), just opened the pasture gate and let Quzqo out, thinking Coos would go right into the barn, down the aisle, and into his stall, as he has done in the past. Well, Coos has also been stuffing his face at the round hay bale all day and wasn't really hungry, so apparently he took off out the gate and dodged right, heading for the stacks of round bales, and then off down the side yard and into the huge empty pasture to the south! With around 18"-2' of snow on the ground, he led them on a merry chase in that pasture until they got him cornered and he allowed the monkeys to capture him and bring him back to his stall where his grain and hay awaited.

I can't blame the horse one bit! LOL! Yeah, you sure saved a lot of steps by letting the horse find his own way into the barn! If they'd just put a lead rope around his neck and walked him to his stall that would have saved a lot of time and effort instead of having to chase the horse all over the property through deep snowbanks, LOL! (I'm laughing because nobody/horse got hurt). The twerp girl was complaining because her legs were snowy up past the knee, heh heh. Quzqo gives her SO much crap, and I hear about it every time I see her, LOL! That's my boy!

Last week he tore off away from her into his own pasture, but I was able to walk right up to him and brought him in no problem.

Bob blames all the hay he'd been eating, giving him energy. U-huh. Funny, when I rode him yesterday, he was a SLUG! I think he just knows which monkeys he can fool and which he can't! Snark!

Bob was cleaning the water buckets by smacking them with a rubber mallet into a wheelbarrow to knock the inch-thick ice from the sides, making a horrible racket that was freaking the horses in their stalls. He was down by my farrier's QH's stall, had the door open while he smacked the bucket, the horse spooked and TORE out of the stall and out the barn door, LOL! Poor Bob, off chasing ANOTHER horse! Thankfully "Charlie" only ran as far as the mares' pasture, and was safely caught before he got any further.

I tells ya! Some days...

No comments: