Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Calm Before The Calamity


Sun May 27, 2007

Finally got around to downloading the pix from my digital camera today, including the pix taken by a friend at the horse show! Damn, we were lookin' pretty FINE (except for my biggish butt). This is the only shot she took where Coos was in proper position. Ah, I look wistfully at that strong, straight, unbroken right leg of mine, knowing that less than 1 hour after that was taken...Arrrgh!!!

Hey, I did get to the barn today! One of my friends drove me over there, she brought Coos in from the pasture, and I got to sit in my wheelchair while he grazed...granted I sat as far away from him as I could in case he spooked...last thing I wanted was to be trampled (again)!! We also managed to brush him (hard to do on crutches) and got him looking all pretty again, not like he'd been neglected for 2 weeks. We topped off the afternoon with a big, wonderful bran mash that he was about climbing his stall walls for, LOL!

Nice to see my boyo again. No major injuries, he's put on weight, and was in a very twitchy mood! When I get back on my feet, I'm going to have a LOT of work to do with him to get him back to earth, LOL! Dang, he a purdy boy though! I sure missed that horse-smell!!

Nice to have horse hair on my pants again, LOL!

(doesn't that arena look SWEET for a driving class though?? *sob*)

No comments: