Monday, March 12, 2007

I Dood It!

Mon Mar 12, 2007

Just ordered my two-wheeled cart, HooHah!! And yes, it's got a solid floor and front so I won't get splashed by mud kicked up by Quzqo's little hoofies!!

WHEEE! 4-10 days for delivery via FedEx Freight!

Black finish, cob sized (72" shafts). Happy Happy Happy!!!

Here's what it looks like, though this is their mini horse sized version:

http://www.horsecart.com/images/miniblkwood.bmp

Well, poopy, they don't have the cart in black in stock, but they do have dark green, so I guess I'll go with that! Luckily grey horses match any color. I could get a black one with a mesh floor/front, but not only would it cost $25 more, (the others were on sale)!

It'll be delivered to my house, and it'll be in multiple boxes, but comes with the tools for assembly, HA HA! The testimonials on the site proclaim it was "easy to assemble", and looking over the PDF instructions, that'll probably be true.

Not like there's anything tricky about it...no drive chains or transmissions or brakes. I put together my Mantis Tiller, I can do this...and have a Big Brother who loves to help, LOL!

Hm, I'd better assemble it AT the barn though, shouldn't I? Would look odd, towing it behind the car, heh heh. No, I couldn't ride Quzqo to my house, and then drive him back to the barn. Not yet anyway.

=============

The cart lady found a BLACK cart! It'll be shipped tomorrow!! YAAAY!

I really didn't want the green one. But I wanted a solid floor more than a black cart.

YAAY!

Now to find a red fleece harness saddle pad to match my red Show Shirt! That'll look so sharp with a grey horse (though he's getting SO fleabitey that he IS starting to look pinkish!)

Yes indeed! I figured maybe I could have painted the green one with black Rustoleum, LOL!

I could employ my brother to help me assemble it, and then he could haul it to the barn with his flatbed trailer...or his pick-up. The thing only weighs 90# assembled for gosh sake.

My friend with the Paint is trading in her Tahoe for a pick-up, so in theory, IF it works out, she could haul the cart to off-site horse shows too, heh heh.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse, LOL! Gads..it takes 20 minutes to put the harness on, another 10 to hitch it up...that'd take up the whole 30 minute lunch break most shows have before the afternoon performance classes, which usually start with the driving and saddleseat (and usually jumps straightaway to Huntseat Equitation, because nobody enters the driving or saddleseat classes in these parts)

Eh, won't worry about it now. No sense building up more dreams to be cruelly crushed beneath the heel of Reality.

No comments: