Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I've Been SO Naughty Again!

Tue Sep 4, 2007

My surgeon might even give me a spanking, lol! (Hey, he is so easy on the eyes, it wouldn't be a bad thing, BWAHAHAA)

Yes, I rode Coos yesterday! Bad me! Treeless saddle, bitless bridle, witless rider, but all went quite well! I stacked up four lawn chairs (those resin ones) & used that as a mounting block, so it was about 6" taller than the regular mounting block (I SO missed the REALLY TALL mounting block they used to have when they did therapeutic riding there), and after some initial wiggling and horse-positioning, I was able to get right on him w/o him tearing off (thanks to cranking his head to the left so he couldn't go anywhere...if I learned ANYthing this year, that's the best thing!)(That, and don't let a lead rope dangle on the ground when changing halters at a horse show)

Of course he was good as gold, yadda yadda, but better still; I was able to bend my ankle enough to actually get it into the stirrup, and IT DIDN'T HURT! WhooHOOO! Well, not initially anyway. We even did some trotting... a sitting trot, obviously (not up to trying to post just yet, not until after my appointment tomorrow).

Quickly bored with going around and round, we got the gate open and went outside. I just let him do some grazing, it was wonderful to just sit on his back after nearly 4 months! We even made it down to the outdoor arena and walked around that. He was being very cautious, which surprised me...staring at this, halting and snorting at that...cripes, he was in there a week ago...THEN it dawned on me...he was in there a week ago...with BLINDERS on! Duuuh! LOL! But he behaved and didn't kill me, and we ended up back indoors for some more trotting. About then my ankle WAS letting me know it was still there and I wisely called it quits. Didn't suffer any lingering pain, so I'd say no harm done!

Was SOOOO tempting to want to go on the trail, just for a little bit, but I know better than THAT. If I get the green light from the surgeon, you can bet I'll be on the phone, organizing a trail ride for this weekend!!

No comments: