Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Who Needs Physical Therapy


Who needs Physical Therapy! Today the horse was WAAAAY out at the farthest point of the pasture (3/8 mile hike one way)(uphill). Took me a long time, and my leg was screaming "Glory Hallelujah" by the time I got to him, & took about as long to hike back to the barn (didn't help that he kept wanting to stop for snacks). Brushed him up & then hobbled down to the round pen, where he did NOT want to go inside, but he did eventually.

Ended up free lunging his butt maybe 15-20 minutes in nice, deep, energy-sapping sand, but he was just trotting and cantering all on his own, I even sat down and let him run around me (horribly unsafe and frowned on by all horse professionals, so don't do as I do, do as I say, lol) until he tuckered out on his own. Then a nice break for the only green, lush grass on the property (growing near the wash rack, so it got plenty of watering!) before stripping him of his splint boots and letting him back out into the pasture. He flung his head prettily and stalked off w/o a second thought. Fine, be that way! Harrumph!!

I'd managed to squeeze my foot into my running shoe, which was the cause of my pains (swelling foot + tight constricting shoe = misery), but now that I'm back in my fake Crocs, all is well again.

The place was pretty desolate today...the county fair starts tomorrow, so I guess all the 4-H kids were at the fairgrounds, decorating the barns, & Bob took a trailerload of horses downstate to a horse auction (where he is also picking up a new Corgi puppy, & offered to get me one for the bargain price of $450, yikes!

Lovin' my pretty horse, even if he is an arrogant prick at times.

No comments: