Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Some Thoughts on Naughty Horses



Wed Jun 8, 2005

I think Quzqo will be a brat forever, always testing, always seeing what he can get away with. . Tez would pull crap up to the day he died (seriously! I had a helluva time giving him his bute that very morning! Old fart, *snf*). I think it's a sign of intelligence. And I have to remember Quzqo had 6 years to build up all this 'tude, and I've only had him a year, so...6 to 1...

I had a barn friend a few years ago who had bought a lovely Appy gelding named "Larry", we went on a few trail rides together. But every time out, at one point or another, Larry would decide that we'd gone far enough, put on the brakes, and pretty much do The Quzqo ...he'd rear, he'd spin, he'd head-toss...but my friend was a timid person, and rather than take any advice on how to deal with that nonsense (ie carry a whip, etc), she ended up selling him without even trying to correct his issues. I bet that's what Quzqo 's former people ended up doing.

Hopefully he'll be intelligent enough to recognize when to stop the hi-jinx. THANKFULLY his antics (though I love to make them sound dramatic) are pretty wimpy and he IS a pusswuss at heart, so...we shall see.

No comments: