Thursday, May 18, 2006

Injury Update

Thu May 18, 2006

Hard to believe it's only been 1 week since the lady who'd been giving me lessons got tromped and stomped by that crazy mare last week, but 'tis true! Even harder to believe that when I went to the barn after work tonight, she was there, walking around, laughing, and looking damned fine!! The cast is off her arm (wasn't broken after all), she got her stitches out (and insisted on showing off her re-attached ear...looks good, considering)! Boy O Boy, that just made my day, for sure!!

Speaking of injured ears, it rained ALL day, so Cusco's ear is nice and clean, most the blood is washed out of his forelock, and the poor lad was shivering from head to toe when I brought him in from the pasture tonight! (42 degrees, 15 mph winds, steady rain). I had a bag of bran in my locker, so I made him a HOT bran mash to enjoy, and after about 10 minutes he stopped shivering...good deal!

Bob got a new shipment of horses in Tuesday night (a HUGE 18-wheeler horse transport pulled up w/14 horses from Minnesota!)...he's got two BEAUTIFUL Belgian mares out in the front pasture, one's tail is so long it's dragging on the ground, phew! Tonight one of the Teens was working with this awesome Bay with legs up to "there"...turns out he's an Arabian/Mustang mix! Beautiful head, classic Spanish profile, and could he move, whew! A trot to drop DEAD for!!! I briefly (only briefly) considered trading Quzqo in right then and there, LOL!

No comments: