Tuesday, May 9, 2006

The Quickest Way to Get a Horse Filthy

Tue May 9, 2006

Is to give him a bath the day before!

Quzqo got "spot-cleaned" last night since it was mid-70's...mainly the poop stains on his belly. I should have known better. He was SO tired yesterday (from being out in the field all night), it's apparent last night he ZONKED out on the floor of his stall...because this afternoon, he was ENCRUSTED in pee and poo stains! AAAUGH! His whole armpit area was RED with pee stains (horse pee turns red when it hits the air...don't ask me why, I have no idea)(that explains all the red-stained snow in the pasture in winter...oxydized horse pee). BOTH sides of his barrel/belly were crusty with poo bits...it was like he deliberately ground himself into every bit of poo he could find, just to spite me! He even had green dots and splots on his neck! He musta zonked out, LOL! And mercy, the smell!! Hoo-Hah!!!

All he earned himself was ANOTHER trip to the wash rack, luckily it was 70 or so, still warm enough to hose the horse, LOL...I got most of it scrubbed off (what an aroma!), but he's got these "brownish" tones on his barrel, that might be roaning, or poo, I can't quite tell, he's so blotchy normally! *sigh*

Gads, he was in a pissy mood, LOL...glad I wasn't going to try to ride him. That quiet, wonderful horse of last night was nowhere to be seen...instead I had a pawing, ear-flattening, take-shots-at-Sue-with-the-mouth EVILE EMPEROR KUZCO! (change his name to Palpatine, lol!) Threw his dirty ass in his stall & left him making love to his bucket of sweet feed, fine for him. I'll deal with him tomorrow when he's well-rested (oh boy)

My strategy will be to leave him out in the field Friday night so he's tired Saturday for the horse show, LOL...hey, it worked that one time last year!

No comments: