Thursday, July 15, 2004

Wonder Boy Does It Again!

Thu Jul 15, 2004

What CAN'T that horse do???? (besides CANTER!!!)

Tonight was Quzqo's Spa Night...getting himself all beautified for the horse show this weekend! They're trailering them to the fairgrounds tomorrow evening, so I had to do the bathing stuff tonight! He did pretty good for the bath, got rather agitated when I was washing his butt...he's very butt-sensitive, poor guy, but seemed to enjoy drinking the water from the hose, LOL!! He wasn't dirty at all, just a couple grass stains here and there. He's all purdy and clean now!! I gave his tail another shot of White Minx to make sure it stays WHITE!

When he was pretty much dried I started trimming what I could...got the bridle path all neat and tidy, and BIG surprise, he was FINE with me trimming his jaw and muzzle, didn't care one whit!! AND he let me do his eyes! (I only did the upper whiskers, and sort of half-trimmed the
lower...he aint' goin' into Showmanship after all). AND, (Tah DAH!!!!) he let me trim his EARS!!! Okay, I didn't hollow them out like a die-hard person might, but I trimmed the huge fluffy "old man" hair he had hanging out the bottom, and sharpened up the edges (he's got the cutest little
"points" of hair on the tippy-tips!!). Dayum, he is looking SHARP!!!

I need to trim the feathers off his fetlocks yet (they're pretty long), but they were too wet from his bath (I had trouble trimming his lips due to the drooling, LOL). I can do that tomorrow along with sanding his hooves and putting the first coat of polish on them. He's now wearing a good coating of Show Sheen (silicone spray), and smells awful purdy for a horse, LOL!! If his posse in the pasture thought he was a sissy boy before, they'll KNOW it now! He was pretty disgusted by that time, it was 8:30 and he hadn't had his hay yet!! Poor lad!

But he looks AWESOME...if I say so myself! I hope it's sunny Saturday morning so he'll just GLEAM like I know he will!

Soooooo nice to not have to worry about RIDING him, LOL! Kinda relaxing! Now I need to make up LUNCHES to take with me, and all those last-minute things. I found Tezlus' shipping boots, gotta take those out to the barn tomorrow! I should have taken tomorrow off from work!! *sigh*

(gotta remember the Baby Oil too! AND fly spray!! And an old T-shirt
to wipe up horse drool!!!)

No comments: