Sunday, February 18, 2007

Lessons Learned

Sun Feb 18, 2007

If you suspect you've at least cracked a rib or two being dragged by a horse, it's NOT a good idea to RIDE a horse in that condition!

Oh, man the PAIN of posting! However, it did encourage me to maintain good posture, especially at cantering, because ANY leaning forward caused severe and immediate pain.

Did not ride very long today, which is a shame, because Coos was an angel full of energy and wanting to DO stuff! Ah, well.

Like I said, lesson learned!!

I'm wearing a tight sports bra today, to bind things up, and it hurts but a good hurt. I figure if I went to the doctor, they'd just bind it up anyway. Plus it's RIGHT behind the boob, I musta landed kind of on my side with my arm outstretched...so how they gonna wrap that in tape, huh? Sports bra does the same thing, and keeps me mindful of what I might have done to my bad self!

Well, luckily I can ground-drive Quzqo for the next week or so. It took about 3 weeks for my cracked/broken tailbone to quit hurting last month, so...

No comments: