Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sue Does a Face Plant

Sat Feb 17, 2007

Quzqo was fulla beans today, I couldn't ride this afternoon because Bob was tilling up the arena (about time), so I came back this evening. Coos was acting like a lunatic, so I figured I'd better lunge him. We-hell, he TORE off and jammed on the brakes, reared backwards and DRAGGED me off my feet! I flew forward and landed face-first in the dirt as the horse galloped off, dragging the lunge line behind him. I hit HARD on my left chesticles and got the wind knocked right out of me, and my glasses flew off my face, my hat flew off my head, and the lunge whip went flying off the other way! GAD what PAIN!!!!!

Had to lay there in the arena dirt, gasping for air, and moving arms and legs to make sure nothing was seriously broken. The horse stood at the rail, snorting and blowing. Eventually I managed to struggle upright, gather up my scattered belongings, and hobble over to the horse.

Ended up lunging that idjit horse for a good 20 minutes, he was a wild man, LOL!

Right now I'm in a fair bit of pain, it hurts to breath or cough...probably bruised some ribs at the least. Gads. Bet I'll feel wonderful in the morning, HA!

At least the arena dirt was softer than yesterday...not by much!

No comments: