Thursday, February 1, 2007

Quzqo Passes the Crupper Test!

Thu Feb 1, 2007

Tonight Quzqo was introduced to The Crupper! I warmed it for him first (it was only 33 degrees in the barn, after all), and he did VERY well...once I got it in place, he sort of raised his tail and flicked it, like he was adjusting everything, then he cocked his leg and yawned, ha!

So, now he can wear the harness saddle/circingle and crupper! Walked him around a bit, he didn't seem to mind or care that a leather thing was encircling his tail! Good Boy!!!

That young boarder girl was riding tonight, with a young friend on another of Bob's horses, so my friend with the Paint got to fuss and fume and nag the kids, which provided MY entertainment in watching her, BWAHAHAH! They were doing all manner of incredibly stupid things (without helmets), but nobody got hurt, durn it. I think Quzqo was channeling my feelings, because every time we came near the girl on her horse, he'd PIN his ears flat against his skull at them, LOL! Good horsie!!

(I was riding him, then, not ground-driving, so no worry about flying hooves if he kicked out...which probably isn't a good thing for a harness horse to do I suppose)

Next, we move on to the breastplate and tugs! Then the bridle (with blinkers)...and the overcheck! And finally...the CART!

My little boy is growing up SO fast!

No comments: