Sunday, June 6, 2004

Nothing Amazing

Sun Jun 6, 2004 7:29 pm

Nothing amazing to report today! Again I was able to walk up to Quzqo in the pasture and snap the lead right on him. Oddly enough he was in nearly the exact same spot as yesterday...about 20 feet from Tezlu's grave, no other horses near him. Great, another Loner.

The barn owner commented to me how talkative Quzqo is, he'll just jabber away at anyone that walks by his stall...just like Tez used to do. "Must be the stall" he joked. "Must be the Arabian" I thought. He's not used to Arabians, being a stock horse guy you know. I told him Quzqo must be
channeling Tez's spirit, but I don't think Bob quite knew what that meant, LOL.

Today was a day off, just brushing, massage, carrots, and a little Richard Shrake training with a chain lead. He did great 'til I tried to trot him, instead he planted his feet and tried to rear up. O-kay. Other than that he did well.

The past three days when I've gone there, his stall had not been cleaned at that point, and for SOME reason the 30#+ salt brick & holder were in the center of his stall. This was the one Tez had in that stall forever but for obvious reasons couldn't enjoy (couldn't get his head that low). Quzqo's obviously been enjoying it, it's been licked clean and then some. I'm figuring the HORSE is somehow playing with it and dragging it into the middle of his stall, that's the only explanation I can think of. Someone suggested whoever cleans stalls moves it...but why? There's nothing to clean where it sits, up against the wall by his grain bucket, and if they moved it, why wouldn't they put it back (I can't imagine any of the teenage girls working there would bother to move a 30# brick of salt, they can barely be bothered to clean up the pee spots!).

So today I brought in Quzqo's very own gallon milk jug with pebbles in it, which is now tied to the bars of his stall...Tez thoroughly enjoyed his gallon jug, chewing the crap out of it. There was one Arabian I knew who would pick the jug up in his teeth and rake it across the stall bars like a
prisoner with a tin cup, drove the barn owner nuts, LOL! See if Quzqo enjoys playing with that instead of dragging his salt brick around!

And he also enjoyed his first (that I know of) bran mash. He thought that was pretty good!

Kind of a dull day, but after yesterday, I'm wiped out, he's lucky he saw me at all!

Just like the Old Days...sore, limping, huge dark bruises on my legs. Ah, horses!

No comments: