Monday, September 13, 2010

Captain Obvious Rides a Horse




Had a good time with Quzqo yesterday, took him for a drive until he started limping and acting unhappy...he was limping on the leg his knee cut is on, so I didn't know what was up! So we turned around to head back, and within the second the little bugger picked up the pace and merrily trotted, limp-free, back to the barn! He kept trying to slow down but I kept him trotting...make him re-think his little plan!

ANYway, when we got back to the barn I sat on the hill right by the barn and let Himself graze on the knee-high grass there... meanwhile a new boarder and his kids were hand grazing their horse behind us. The dad had put the little girl on the horse's back, and the boys were jealous. All I could see was DISASTER ALERT (read too much Fugly Horse of the Day I'm afraid)... The boys were about 10 or 11, both VERY hefty lads (if you catch my drift). All I know is suddenly I heard thudding hoofbeats and a THUD! I got up and peeked over the hill, one of the boys was slowing getting up from the ground, rubbing his butt, and the dad had the horse by the halter, asking the boy if he was all right.

Obviously the horse didn't care for the little big boy on him bareback, ha ha...and thankfully the dad didn't take it out on the horse like some assholes might. The kid was trying very hard not to cry, and was moving very slowly. "That HURT!" he kept saying repeatedly. Like, duuuuh! Ya think???

Later after I put Quz away, they were coming into the barn with the horse, Dad still had a death grip on the lead right up by the halter, and the boy lamented to me that he'd gotten bucked off!!! I said yeah, I got bucked off a month ago and I'm still recovering. Guess that wasn't what he wanted to hear, ha ha.

Last I heard as they disappeared into the back barn was "Getting bucked off HURTS!"

Guess he won't whine that it's unfair that sis got to sit on the horse any more.

Coulda been a lot worse. Thank goodness for the Michigan Equine Liability Law (i.e. if you kill yourself on a horse, it's your own damned fault)

P.S. Quzqo WAS a perfect gentleman on our drive, other than the "Oh I'm Lame" theatrics. No spooking, no silliness, but I could tell his heart just wasn't in the whole driving thing because he slogged out onto the road like a slug on sedatives. But at least he behaved.

No comments: