Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just What I Need!

Another saddle!!

I've been wanting a lighter saddle for quite a while now, because my 28# leather saddle is getting too hard to lift up onto my big, tall horse's back. I used to want to keep it because of its security, but since Coos was able to buck me right up and out like nothin', so much for THAT reason.

A FB friend posted she was selling her Abetta saddle on eBay, I was all set to eSnipe it today, until I did some research, and found what my max. bid for her used saddle was about what NEW ones were going for on eBay, so that wouldn't do! More research also revealed THIS saddle for a very reasonable price, and do I wait and maybe get the first saddle for less, or take the risk of being outbid on the first saddle, and meantime having the 2nd saddle snatched up with that BIN?

So, casting caution to the wind, I snatched up the 2nd saddle, should be here later this week! Wheee!

Need to take pix of my leather saddle & stick it up on Craig's List for a few months, then when spring comes, put it on eBay when there's more of a market for such things.

Quzqo might appreciate a 15# saddle as well! AND being synthetic, it won't go green and fuzzy in late summer with all the humidity at the barn.

No comments: