Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Pasture for Quzqo


After noticing even MORE down-to-the-raw-skin bites on Quzqo's rump yesterday, Bob asked me how I liked Quz in the new pasture. I said I liked it there, but he doesn't, so Bob offered to move him back to his old pasture, which is full of new horses. So we're going to try that today, HOPE it goes well. Quz has been very unhappy, I can tell, and that one Big Brown with the star on his head charged at Quz yesterday, ears flattened, and I had to shoo him off with the lead rope. Quz also BOLTS out the gate to get away, and slipped on the ice yesterday, scared me, I don't want him to fall and get hurt!!

So we'll try the new-old pasture. It's got 4 mares and a gelding in it, hope it works out. It's also 30 acres, so he's got room to get away, and his usual water trough so hopefully he'll drink something!!!

It's also got two big round hay bales...he'll love that!

No comments: