Friday, May 2, 2008

Heading Down The Road to Recovery

Got out to the barn around 6:30 this morning, Bob had already been there, everyone was fed, turned out & the radio on for the inside horses to enjoy...talk about an early bird!

Quz was a totally different horse, he wanted OUTOUTOUT, & when I walked him for his 15 minutes, BARELY a limp at all, he was bending the leg nicely (as nice as he could w/that bandage)! Well...I was certainly expecting something worse. Gave him the bute in a small bran mash, but he sniffed it & looked at me. Hopefully he'll eat it during the day, but I'll buy some applesauce just in case (it's apple-flavored powder, and he certainly hasn't been subjected to bute enough to hate it like Tez did).

Heck, he was walking ME around the aisles, LOL. I think (knock wood)he'll recover quickly.

No comments: