Thursday, May 8, 2008

Phase II - Operation Pony Patella

Quzqo's vet returned my call at lunchtime today as I was standing in the middle of a Yankee Candle store, LOL...I've become one of those idiots I hate, who stand in stores gabbing on their damned cell phones! (had to spend a gift card from Christmas & since it's a nice day, I walked over & bought air fresheners for the car & then Chinese food at the food court which I am presently enjoying)

She was very pleased with his progress, and now we can move on to Phase 2. For the next week he's to remain stalled (he'll love that), BUT he can be turned out in a small, safe area, such as an arena or paddock, for an hour of exercise. I'll have to check w/Bob & see if the morning chore person can do that while she/he is cleaning stalls, or I can just lunge him/etc for an hour in the evenings. I think I'll still come out before work though & exercise him lightly. Keep the bandages on, but no more bute if he's not in pain (I didn't give him any last night and he was fine this morning, I know too much bute can cause other problems)

NEXT week if all goes well, the wound should be closed up/dried up enough that he can go back into the general population, and if he's not in any discomfort, I can ride him! Huzzah! Although after his psycho killer bronc performance this morning, I'm not sure I WANT to ride him, ha!

Guess I'll ride one of Bob's horses this weekend, just to keep the muscle memory.

No comments: